Easy Mehndi Patterns For Everyone and Any Occasions
Are you looking for some easy mehndi patterns? Are you among those that just love henna (mehndi) but find it a complicated and also tiresome procedure? If you are, then this short article is just for you. For all the fans out there, worry no more as there are many choices of simple as well as straightforward designs which you can draw yourself anytime and anywhere.
Traditional Indian mehndi designs are depictions of the sun on the palm, which typically includes flowers, leaves or a circular motif. Mehendi or henna is a paste that is bought in a cone shaped tube as well as is made into designs for men and women. These cones can be prepared in your home by just making a paste of grinded completely dry henna along with water. Many people believe that keeping it for longer time provides more colors. So after storing it for couple of hours or overnight, pack it in a cone and cut the tip of this cone and start applying.
Mehndi is used on hands, palms, legs as well as the shoulder to beautify the body. Nowadays, lots of designs are available all over the world like Arabic, Pakistani and Rajasthani, Marwari as well as much more according to their knowledge of the art. Every one of them is named after geographies. Though the designs could look similar, but with just a close look can one determine the distinction in the patterns. As an example, in Arabic style mehandi, its layouts are consisting of big floral motifs and also does not cover the whole hand. If you see Indian designs, they use smaller and finer flower motifs covering the entire side. Likewise, Indian patterns frequently include animal illustrations like elephant and peacock.
Easy Mehndi Designs For Beginners
Nowadays there are lots of easy mehndi designs for beginners which are available online as reference. These patterns are typically straightforward enough to try them out on your own.
Mehandi is very popular thing in the regions of sub continent for a long time and the women along with girls use this on wedding celebrations or any other favorite occasion. In Hindu events, mehendi is usually drawn on the hand, back of the side and also on feet. Basically, it is used in those areas where it will certainly be clear as a result of the contrast with the lighter skin on these surfaces.
This traditional body art work is something which most of the women from around the world adore. It has actually advanced as one of the finest arts which involve drawing patterns on body parts. The field of this art is constantly transforming and also expanding. The followers are spread out all over the world but it is not constantly possible to locate a mehndi artist each time you wish to clad yourself with henna. So right here are several of the simplest patterns which you must try. Have a look:
Tutorial 1 – Easy Mehndi Patterns Step By Step
This tutorial will show you how to apply easy mehndi patterns step by step. You will learn on holding and using the henna cone correctly as well as practising the patterns on a clear glass first.
What you will need:
- Henna(mehndi) cone (pencil cone is better)
- A printed copy of Henna design
- A transparent Glass sheet (you may use clear plastic sheet instead)
- Tissue paper
- Glitter cone (optional)
- A4 sheet or plain piece of paper
Step 1: The Basics – squeeze, clean and hold the cone
- Practise on a glass sheet before mastering the art of applying henna on hands. Place the henna design on a table or some hard surface. Lay a sheet of clear glass on it to cover it completely.
- Hold the cone comfortably and squeeze a little at a time. The mixture is in liquid form, so do not apply too much force. Please note that at the beginning, it will come out of the cone without squeezing.
- Take out the pin from the cone when you are using it and keep it in someplace safe. And do not forget to put it back in the cone when you have done working.
- As you start applying, the tip of the cone keeps on getting messy, so keep cleaning it with tissue paper. The cleaner the tip, the neater will be your work.
- Place the design in front of you as the fingers near to you and the wrist away. The reason for this positioning is that whenever you apply henna on someone’s hand, you will never start from fingers as they will be near to you. You have to start from the farthest place and then to nearest. Otherwise the whole hand will get messy.
- If you have made some mistake while applying it, do not worry. Just wipe off with tissue paper. But when you are working on the skin, it will definitely leave its color.
Step 2: How to make simple henna patterns
- Straight lines – practice making straight lines parallel to each other. This way you will get hold on the cone and get used to the pressure exerted on it.
- Dot – this is the basic design. Practice making smaller and cleaner dots .
- Comma – make a dot without lifting the cone away but giving the curve and then lift it away.
- Stamen – make a dot then keep the pressure downwards and lift the cone to make a pointed end.
- Making heart – it can be used as a petal too. Make one stamen first. Then make a dot beside it, joining the two ends as you finish it.
Tutorial 2 – Easy Mehndi Designs For Hands Step By Step
In this tutorial, you will learn how to apply easy mehndi designs for hands step by step. It is a continuous lessons from the above Tutorial 1. Here, you will proceed to practise what you have learnt earlier and apply it on hand.
Instructions (Apply Henna on Hand):
- Place a cushion under your friend’s hand. You can do this step while sitting on a sofa, ground or bed. Be comfortable and do not listen to nearby people’s teasing and do not get too agitated or you will end up doing everything wrong.
- Till now, you must have learnt how to make a design just by seeing it, so start from the place farthest from you – the wrist and proceed towards the thumb.
- Then, continue from the center of the hand to the index finger.
- After that, proceed from the middle finger to the pinky and finish the design.
- Wait for the henna to dry. It dries very quickly as you apply it but as it is a form of dye, you have to wait till it dries completely on the hand – about 10 hours (maximum). The best way to do this is to apply henna before going to bed and wash it off when you wake up in the morning. Wash it with tap water and see the result.
A Video for inspiration and some glitter for decoration
Here is a video on applying easy mehndi designs for hands step by step which is inspiring. You can also decorate henna with glitter. Glitter cones are available in different colors. When you are going somewhere, apply glitter an hour earlier and let it dry completely as it takes longer time to dry. Then keep your hands away from the water as it is water-soluble so do not to ruin your work.
Easy Bridal Mehndi Patterns
There are times when you prefer to have simple and easy bridal mehndi patterns for your special day. Less is more. Instead of having complex designs on the full hands, some likes to apply a less sophisticated yet elegant design on their wedding.
Mehandi is a conventional art which came from ancient India. Different beautiful patterns are commonly applied to brides before the wedding day.Nowadays in places like Rajasthan in India, the bridegrooms are also given designs that are often as fancy as those for brides. In Assam, apart from marriage, single women also uses it for Rongali bihu.
Mehndi has constantly been known as one of the most important aspect for a wedding. It is generally in brownish or red color after applying. The importantly girl awaits the reddish colors to darken especially during wedding celebration as it beautifies her.
Mehndi is currently also used in some Gulf countries like Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates where the evening before the wedding celebration is dedicated to decorating the bride-to-be with mehndi. The night is called as “Mehndi Night.” And, in some western nations, it is an alternative to “hen’s party”.